Contact Us for PricingRequest a Quote
Moisture Induced Stress Tester - The M.i.S.T™
The InstroTek, Inc. M.i.S.T. ™ is a cyclic conditioning system that is designed to simulate the stripping mechanisms that occur in H.M.A pavement layers. The M.i.S.T ™is a stand-alone unit that consists of a pressurized chamber that pushes and pulls water through a compacted asphalt sample, simulating the action of an automobile tire on the road. The tests can be performed at different pressures and temperatures to replicate different traffic and environmental conditions. The unit is completely automatic and results are ready in as little as four hours. Simply place your asphalt core sample in the M.i.S.T ™ testing chamber, select your test parameters, press start and the unit does the rest.
- Designed to simulate H.M.A pavement stripping mechanisms.
- Shorter test times than current moisture sensitivity tests. Results in less than one day.
- Tests can be performed at realistic pressures similar to pressures produced by vehicle tires.
- Testing is automatic and monitored by sensors.
- Data can be stored and transferred to a PC for evaluation and archiving.
- Weight: 159kg / 350lbs - Height: 1.35m / 53" - Foot Print: 0.53 x 0.53m / 21 x 21"
- Power: 115 VAC 20A (optional 230 VAC 10A)